Saturday, May 28, 2011

HebrewsTree Defined.

My first tattoo was when I was 18 on the inside of my right ankle.

 (Trees grow hair...right?)

Whenever someone asks me what it means, I always ask them before sharing if they 1) really care and 2) have a few minutes. The tattoo wasn't "named" until a friend and mentor of mine, David Figge, decided I should start blogging only a few months after I got ink'd. We were trying to think up an "online identity" as he called it when he looked down at my tattoo and simply said,

Hebrews Tree.

I have been known as HebrewsTree (I decided it was better as a one-worder) ever since.
In fact, you may have discovered my original blog, HebrewsTree at www.hebrewstree.blogspot.com.

So, if you 1) really care and 2) have a few minutes, continue reading...

Living in a world that is majority run by the media and the true meaning of things like beauty and worth is exampled by how much money or fame or headlines your name is in or how tan you are or the brand of make-up you wear and the purses you carry, it is hard to place yourself anywhere else outside that without being told you have failed.
Living in a world where the first person you are told to serve is yourself and greed are more priority focuses than emptying yourself of yourself and giving more than you're taking, it is no wonder we are a world that lacks love.
Living in this world claiming you are a follower of Jesus even has a bad connotation. For many when you hear someone say they are a "Christian" the first word you deem synonym is "hypocrite". To be a "Christian" nowadays is just as bad as saying you are of this world in some circumstances.
Ever heard this phrase? "Christians" are fake and their only attempt at befriending a sinner is to get them to go to church." 
They are seen as the stereotypical little old ladies club after the service who is talking all sorts of nasty about the 20-something who wore knee-high boots.

HebrewsTree is an attempt to help change this.
To help teach love because of existence and no other reason.
To help teach Jesus.

HebrewsTree defined is merely this:

LOVE.
LOVE is the beginning of all things. To LOVE Him, is to live life. To live life for Him, is to LOVE life.
To LOVE those who are hard to LOVE.
To LOVE what He gives us.
To LOVE what He takes away.
Without LOVE, there is no life. Without God, there is no LOVE.

"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we cannot see." Hebrews 11:1



Have faith that God's LOVE will overcome anything of this world.
LOVE others because they exist and for every one of their imperfections.
Be reminded and remind others that our God is a God who gives 2nd and 3rd and 4th chances.

Be a tree of life, who's branches are full of hearts that pour out selfless love, who's rooted by the faith in Jesus Christ because then will people begin to know HIM. People will know HIM by your LOVE.

2 comments:

  1. I love this and I love your blog :) Congrats on the videography and making the choice to "just do it" and follow your dreams. You inspire me. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every word continued to lift me and take my breath away!! I love that you wear such a beautiful and deeply rooted message for the glory of God and His love and you are such a blessing in this world!

    ReplyDelete